Is your hot water heater approaching the end of its working life?
When it comes time to decide on a replacement, you’ve got two choices:
- TANKED WATER HEATERS: The same design you currently have is, essentially, the same design your parents and grandparents had. Newer models are more energy efficient.
- TANKLESS WATER HEATERS: The next evolution in home water heaters, tankless units are smaller than traditional tanked heaters. However, what they don’t have in size, they more than make up for in energy efficiency and water conservation.
Now, if you think there’s no real difference between the two, consider this fact:
- Water-heating appliances account for up to 25% of total utility costs in the average Canadian household.
And that’s just one of the reasons they’re choosing tankless water heaters from Anchor ClimateCare (and why you should too).
Reason #1: No wasted hot water
Did you know when a traditional, tanked water heater isn’t in use; it’s still creating hot water?
That’s because they’re designed to keep hot water ready when you need it. And while that’s a good idea in theory, it’s a bit impractical.
After all, what if you don’t turn on your water heater for a day?
What about a week? Or even a month?
It doesn’t matter, really. You’re still using extra energy (and paying for it too) to have hot water available…just in case.
- They provide hot water on demand. Gas fired burners heat the amount of water you need, when you need it.
- High-powered burners then heat the water as it passes through a heat exchanger. This eliminates the need to have a full tank of hot water sitting there and doing nothing.
Here’s another way to look at it using your car. After you fill the tank, would you rather:
- Keep the car running so that, when you need to use it, it’s ready to go? The downside being that gas is always being consumed.
- Turn the car off and turn it on only when you need it. You still get the same power and performance, but you’re just not wasting extra gas to have the car ready.
You’d take the second option. Every single time.
So why not do the same with your water heater?
Reason 2: Affordability and return on investment
As a homeowner, you want to keep every dollar possible where it belongs: In your pocket.
Tankless water heaters can help you accomplish this in a variety of ways:
- No wasted energy is required to keep water hot. That, in turn, can lower your energy bills by up to $100 or more per year.
- Sometimes, a tanked water heater needs to warm up the water supply a bit. That’s an extra source of costly energy. Tankless water heaters provide hot water instantly. Those few seconds will add up and help you save on your water bills too.
- The average tanked water heater lasts approximately 15 years. Meanwhile, the average tankless water heater lasts for 20 years or more. That’s an extra 25% you’re getting for your investment.
- One payment, zero worries. With a tankless water heater from Anchor ClimateCare, you’ll enjoy one payment that’ll never go out. That makes it much easier for you to plan, budget, and get the most out of your money.
Reason 3: Save floor space
If the area where your current water heater was empty, what would you do with it?
Would you store cleaning supplies and tools there? Make it an area for your work clothes? Or keep it vacant?
Tankless water heaters don’t sit on the ground. Instead, they’re mounted to the wall.
In short, they deliver the best of both worlds:
- They’re out of the way.
- Yet, they’re accessible whenever you need it to be.
Reason 4: Easy to care for
Once your tankless water heater is installed, you can select a water heater maintenance plan that’s right for you.
And once that plan is in place, here’s what you have to do to keep your unit in tip-top condition:
The team at Anchor ClimateCare takes care of everything for you. We’ll come for regular service visits and inspect crucial components like:
- Draining and cleaning.
- Safety and performance checks.
- Thermostat inspection.
We’ll do the work, and you enjoy the benefits of hot water on demand, worry-free.
Thinking about going tankless? Contact us for additional info
When it’s time to purchase a new hot water heater, you have some clear objectives in mind:
- Affordability with an easy payment plan.
- Save money on the long-term.
- On-demand hot water whenever you want it.
- Maintenance peace of mind.
That’s what you’ll get with a tankless water heater from Anchor ClimateCare.
Contact us with any questions or comments you have. We’ll get back ASAP with the answers you’re looking for.