Make sure you call for fireplace repair in Ottawa at the first sign of any these problems
It’s always more affordable to maintain something you have than to buy it new. That’s why it’s important to keep an eye out for any problems with your fireplace and call the professionals at Anchor ClimateCare right away if you notice an issue.
Common problems that indicate your fireplace needs attention include:
- A sulfur (egg-like) odour coming from your fireplace
- The fireplace has issues turning on or off
- Soot is building up insideyour fireplace or on your log set
- The pilot light won’t stay lit
- The flame appears distorted or different
- Your front glass is discoloured.
What can you do? Avoid costly fireplace repair in Ottawa with simple maintenance
Get the most out of your fireplace by regularly conducting these easy maintenance tasks:
- Check for any build-up. Make sure that nothing is blocking the air flow of the unit. Routinely clean dust, cobwebs or any other debris out of your fireplace.
- Keep the glass clean. This will not only help you enjoy your fireplace more, but it will also allow you to see any problems that may arise on the inside of the fireplace.
- Don’t forget about the outdoor vent. Always inspect your fireplace’s outdoor vent for damage or any debris that may be lodged inside.
- Inspect all hardware and glass. Double check that all screws, brackets and glass are secure and fastened properly. This ensures that everything that is supposed to stay in (or out), does so.
Leave everything else to the professionals
When it comes to caring for your fireplace, these are the only steps that you should do on your own.
All repairs should be conducted by professionals who are properly trained in gas fireplace repair. When you’re dealing with gas, a lot can go wrong.
That’s where the experts at Anchor ClimateCare come in. Our dedicated and knowledgeable staff should be your first call for gas fireplace repair in the Ottawa, Orleans and Embrun area.
Contact us today to make sure you stay warm and cozy this winter.